12 Jun Successful Sales
Developing successful sales takes failing. Can you handle failing to succeed?
Successful Sales are developed over a period of time. It takes many attempts, which leads to many failures, which will help you develop what works and what does not, in order to succeed.
Imagine failing 70% for your sales career and being immortalized. Baseball. The point being is you can succeed the closer you get to batting 300 or closing 30% and you could live a good life if you close 20%. Sales is a game of failure. Once you accept it, then you can succeed. It sounds messed up. I told you, keep your positive spirit or state of mind. You can fail 70% a time if you are a major league baseball player and can make a lot of money. Babe Ruth, Alex Rodriquez, and Derek Jeter research their failures. How many times did they strike out? How many times did they not make the hit when needed. So understand that they also delivered great results, which lead to great returns for their teams and themselves. You can be successful in sales. You succeed by preparation and practice, which leads to great sales performance. If you can close 30% of your sales you should be living a good life. Baseball players or any professional athlete make a ton of money. Their earnings is in direct proportion to the numbers they produce, not fail. Decide that you want to become a Professional Sales Person. Do not count the other guys money. Not all players on a team earn the same amount, but they all earn a great living. Do what is in you life’s balance.
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky
Babe Ruth struck out 1330 times
I’ve failed over and over again in my life. That is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
Sports, Entertainment, the Arts are all areas that are all about successful sales. These are all areas people dream to be in either for love or money or both. Can you fill the seats? Can you sell records? In sales you can achieve similar status, at least financially it is up to you
As you can see I love sports. I have played sports all my life and dreamed of becoming a professional baseball player when I was very young. Then a professional football player when I played in college. That direction did not work out for me, but I earn enough money today to live in communities where professional athletes live. I may have not made it to the NFL but I can live a life style like one thanks to my successful sales career.
Successful Sales Action Items:
1. Look at your Sales numbers. Commit to a daily 10% increase in making more presentations, sending out more proposals, making more contacts. i.e. if you make 20 make 22 then 24, then 27 then 30 and so on. ( I rounded up).
2. Seek out a Sales Coach or mentor. This could be an author. Dedicate daily time to learn from him/her.
3. Seek out someone to Coach and mentor in sales. If you are not helping others you will never grow.
4. Make time for Sales Practice. Just like sports teams that practice and watch films you need to make time to practice and sharpen your sales skills. Are you reading sales books, listening to sales audio books, watching sales videos, role playing your sales presentations.
5. Memorize the Champions Creed by Tom Hopkins. Read his book “How to Master the Art of Selling”
Successful Sales is a choice and a life style. Do you have what it takes to make the money you want and the true desire to be a Professional Successful Sales Person which is helping others benefit from your products or services?
Successful Sales People Memorize
Champions Creed (Tom Hopkins)
“I am judged by the number of times I fail but by the number of times I succeed, and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.”
They Did Not Give Up – This is a great link of people who did not give up. Review it any time you feel down and remember keep moving forward.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.