17 Aug Sales Motivation – Approaches to Selling
Approaches to Selling: Through Better Sales Motivation
Tough economic times require a different approach to sales and selling. The competition in sales is very high these days, and to reach your goals, you will need to infuse sales motivation tactics. There is a greater need today than ever to preserve and encourage the “can do” attitude to improve selling and sales figures.
The sales team can be the perfect driving force if motivated correctly. Some simple, practicable, workable solutions can make a big difference when preparing a stronger sales motivation plan.
- Encourage positive reinforcement among sales reps; in other words, praise them on their performance. This will not only have a positive impact on the sales rep, but will also encourage others to improve their own performance. Make sure that the compliment is genuine and unpretentious, so that the coworkers do not see it as picking a “pet favorite.”
- Set small goals at first in order to build a good momentum. Setting smaller sales goals initially helps with positive encouragement, since “I can do this” will be the first message that registers for any sales rep. It works because it makes them feel good about themselves and the company.
- Doing everything thing at once tends to create a mess of things. Multitasking should be encouraged, but achievable goals should be well-defined in sales.
- Thinking positive and ending the day on a positive note should be taught each day. Staying repeatedly with negative emotions and dwelling on what has not worked for the day is an enormous waste of time and energy. This has the tendency to affect things negatively tomorrow. So, make sure your sales team focuses on things that have worked that day before they leave the office.
- Chart out the sales figure and goals on a week-to-week basis. Revise the goals, and map the performances of all the sales reps; this will help by creating a competitive aspect to selling.
- Incentives can be a good motivator, no doubt, but be careful that you select the achiever carefully. You will not want to reward a wrong person, as this is one of the worst things you can do to a team. The rest of the team will be demotivated and resentment will arise if you do not select the right talent.
- The vital relationship between learning and really transferring a fresh skill to real-world experience is essentially governed by motivation. Set up real-life situations to help and prepare the sales reps for the firsthand experience of real-life sales and closing aspects. This will make them aware of various strategies and approaches, and they will have a better chance at solving problems before they arise.
Sales motivation helps to maximize your business potential
Motivated sales teams perform—this is a given. Sales motivation helps to maximize your business potential and widen the scope of building a healthy sales pipeline. Moreover, motivation helps in reducing the costs of employee turnover and helps sales management work better with their team. Sales motivation offers so many advantages—why wait any longer?